Introducing....a special feature!
The Vault will be dedicated to rehashing and reliving my dating disasters. I have so many. You will get to experience the craziness and mind boggling world, that is my dating life.
Some of the stories will come from deep within The Vault. From many, many years ago. Some will be more recent. They won't be in order. They won't be weekly. Or maybe they will, who knows. And I will pull them out for different reasons....that I may or may not share. One thing is certain. You will know something crazy is coming if you see a blog titled The Vault. Enjoy!
Tonight's edition is one of the more recent disasters....
The background: I volunteered for a charity softball tournament a month or so ago. While working in the concession stand, I met Josh. Josh kept coming to my window buying Power aide. During one of his trips to the window I hear someone ask him about his business. I am a salesperson. When I hear something like that, I am gonna jump on it. This time I jumped on it for 2 reasons....potential client and to flirt a little. We chatted. I got enough info to find him on FB. We parted ways.
I sent him a message on FB the next day. Nothing to big. Just thanked him for being part of the tournament and said it was nice to meet him. He responded appropriately and at the end of his email, he inquired as to why a "pretty girl like me wasn't married." So the emails back and forth began. After a couple of days we moved to the phone with texts and calls. He was sweet, hard-working, a Christian, loved his family, had a house and a car and a life. Not to mention, he was cute and tall!! Sounds good huh? So after a couple of weeks of talking we find a time to get together.
The date: He comes and picks me up. Goes with me to Bed, Bath & Beyond. Without protest. Sounding pretty perfect...I know. I know! We go to dinner. Good conversation, laughter...it was fun. Then we decide to rent "The Book of Eli" and go back to my house to watch it. Don't be getting any ideas. I am not that kind of girl. We watch the movie and yes, he does go for the kiss. Not in a lewd or get in my pants kind of way. Just the nice, I like you kind of way. He also tells me that he really likes me. Wow! Score me! He goes home. I go to bed feeling hopeful.
The next day he texts me in the morning like normal. Tells me how much fun he had. Calls me that evening. Everything seems A.O.K.
Two days later...he doesn't text. Is short when I text him to say Hi. And my 6th sense kicks in and says something is wrong. I try to ignore it. I give myself a good'ol fashion pep talk. Tell myself that it is not a big deal and not to assume the worst because of my past. Get over the moment and carry on. Until the next day. When he proceeds to text me...
[I shouldn't have gotten involved with you. I have some serious financial problems and my house is about to go into foreclosure. I don't want to drag you into my drama so it is best we just part ways]
Really?! Seriously?! I knew it!!! My 6th sense is rarely wrong. I respond...
[Did you not find out about this before you asked me out?? Why did you even bother?? You shouldn't start something that you have no intentions of following through on. If you didn't like me, you could have just said so instead of making up some crazy story]
He comes back with some crap about knowing he was wrong and he's so sorry. Blah. Blah. Blah. But my favorite part was when he said
[Don't give up on me]
Saywha? You want me to sit around and wait to see if you can pull yourself together?? Ummmm. No. Not gonna happen. I shared those exact thoughts with him. Never heard from him again.
Fast forward to today.....
We are still friends on FB. I can see it every time he posts about going to play golf at Grandover. It is so often, that a mutual friend of ours (that knows the story) points it out. So I decided to be a butthole today. I texted him....
[Just wanted to congratulate you on pulling yourself out of your horrible financial situation. Since you are playing golf so often, things must really be going great again for you. Great job!]
I couldn't stop laughing at myself. It felt good. Really good. Petty?? Yes. Pointless?? Absolutely. But I feel like a million bucks. He deleted me from FB. I love it!
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment