Background

Copy & Paste This Code:

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Country vs. Redneck

There is a difference between being country and being a redneck. How, you ask???

Country people generally live a simpler life. They love the outdoors, hunt, fish, talk slow, have some small minded beliefs but still have the ability be open minded. They don't care about fancy things, labels, etc. I am sure there are other things I could use to stereotype them but you get the gist.

Now a redneck. Well a redneck is all of the above and then some. They are not open minded, have no issue using the "n" word, in fact they dislike anyone that is not white and from certain areas. They take the love of the outdoors to a entirely new level and would choose shooting a deer over going to the birth of a child or a funeral of a spouse or parent. Ok. Maybe that is a bit extreme. But seriously. They are the generally what some would deem "white trash".

The point? I have been on an online dating site. I had a very tall, seemingly good looking country boy, email me. He was 6'6"....yeah he had my interest. So we chat a bit on email. Then we move to the phone. At this point I can tell that he is definitely a country boy from his hobbies and speech, etc. I try to be open minded because he seems to be a nice person and again pretty cute in his pictures. And did I mention, he's 6 foot 6!!! Ok. So we decide to meet up. Not a date, just a meeting.

Yeah. He is 6"6. That is about it. He was not at all attractive. He had the nastiest toenails I think I have ever seen. He was about 2 months overdue for a haircut. He had on jean shorts. Uhhuh. Jean shorts. The dark kind. Not a cool dark. The redneck kind. Oh and he brought his son with him to meet me. Not cool. He, was a redneck. He dropped the N word. He cussed numerous times in front of and at his son. Example "damn boi, go'on in der an getchu sumthin' an quit buggin' theshit outta me". I was about to come out of my skin I was so disgusted. He even had the nerve to ask me if he could kiss me. Ummmm. No. I could go on and on about how inappropriate he was but I think you get my drift.

So, I hightailed it out of there. Before I was even 5 minutes down the road he texts and ask what I think of him. Hello?! Really?! Then apparently because I didn't respond immediately, he feels it necessary to call. I didn't answer. I get to my friends house. Tell the story to all the girls and decide to text him back this - It was nice to meet you but I don't feel a romantic connection. Sorry...hope we can be friends. He responds with a mature - Sounds great. End of story. Not so much.

I checked my dating site email Monday morning. He had his friends send me nasty emails. Accusing me of being crazy and telling me to leave him alone, quit stalking him that he wasn't interested. No. I am not kidding. Crazy comes in all shapes and sizes. Even though I felt the urge to respond and say really nasty things, I didn't. I did email the redneck and tell him to grow up and get over it. I refrained from calling him names but I really wanted to.

Sabrina can deal with country. Sabrina cannot deal with redneck.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahaha I am sorry that he was so crazy but i think this is one of the best stories ever! deff should be a chapter in the book of SABS life!

    ReplyDelete