My pity party, that is.
I am grateful to have friends that hear me out and let me word vomit all over the place, without judgement. But care enough about me to show me a different way to look at a situation. That is what happened yesterday...
I got to take a road trip with two of my favorite girls - T and DV. As we traveled on down the road, I spilled my pitiful pity party story. While they both understood where I was coming from, DV put a spin on it. I hadn't even thought to look at it from the perspective she gave me. But it makes perfect sense! If something is truly an issue with a guy, he is not going to point it out because he doesn't want to tread in that territory. K didn't think it was that big of a deal, so he made the gym comment not thinking it was going to be upsetting. He's not actually bothered by anything about me, that was why he thought it was ok to say it. See?! It makes sense! It actually made me think of my friend Kev. Kev picks on me relentlessly. He says things that could be hurtful if I thought he was serious but I know Kev will never give me crap about anything that he actually believes to be true. It's the same thing with K.....I just took it more personally because I really like K and I want to believe he thinks I am perfect in every way. Reality is, I am not perfect and neither is K. Regardless of our faults or shortcomings, we still like each other. Period.
So, I gave up my table to some other girl....yet another thing I am letting go. I sure am learning a lot through this dating process. Amazing what can happen when you make it past the first date or two with a guy. And they aren't some lunitic or freakazoid.
6 years ago

I'm glad you gave up your table. Although- I get why it made you upset. I probably would have been hurt by the comment too. BUT- just as we aren't perfect, guys aren't either. And apparently he has a word vomit problem himself!
ReplyDelete