I have got to catch up on my blogging. I told y'all in the beginning I may not be able to keep up - haha! Anyway. Update on the guy my hairdresser set me up with....
The date: We went out a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. Seriously. It was fun! Dinner, watched a movie and lots of laughter. We had so much fun, we hung out a little more the next day....ok, almost all day the next day. A bit much so soon?? Probably. But whatever. It was nice. He is not exactly who I would have pictured myself with....he has a bit of a swagger about him. I would not have expected to have so much fun or that he would have been so respectful. He drives a truck, so he is gone Monday - Thursday. Works great for me since I have a life of my own. He seems to like me a lot and I really think he is a good person. I am still fighting the urge to like him but I am slowly caving. Fast forward.....
3 days post date: He changed his FB status to "In a Relationship". What?!? Are you kidding me?! This is a little too much. Panic attack time. After my freak out, I decided to keep my mouth shut and simmer on it. I waited it out and he brought it up. He made it seem like no big deal. Basically said there was no status that said "I met a great girl that I really, really like", so I just said I was in a relationship. Ok. Cool. I am breathing again. Not such a big deal after all. Seems kinda sweet. I may like him just a tad. Fast forward....
1 week post date, almost: We have been talking. Texting. Flirting. Laughing. It's official, I like him. Darnit!!! I really did not want to like him. And you know what that means. Sabrina has to act like a crazy person. Gotta try and self sabotage just in case it doesn't work out. It seems to be easier this way. So what do I do?? I start a stupid fight over something ridiculous. Really. It was ridiculous. Without giving too much detail - he didn't call me when I thought he should have. So I decided to call and text him numerous times under the premise that I was worried about him. Ok. I was a little worried. But mostly, I let the wheels of crazy start turning and they took on a life of their own. Fast forward.....
Exactly 1 week post date: I let the crazy out the night before. We talked the next morning. He handled it much better than I expected. He didn't tell me to go jump off a cliff or that his house was in foreclosure. Ok. Whew. Crisis averted. He passed the test. Now to stop being crazy. Gotta get back on the sane train!! Soooo, I invite him over to my house that evening. He said he would see if he could - he had a ton of things to get done. He never said he was coming. And remember, he is not home M-Th. So this is a valid statement. He didn't call me. Left me hanging. Really made me mad. I didn't call or text him though. (Patting myself on the back, big time). Fast forward......
1 week and 1 day post date: He sends me a text like nothing is wrong Saturday morning. Are you kidding me?! Really?! You think you can just act like everything is ok?! You.didn't.call.me. I politely hopped of the sane train and jumped right back on the crazy train. I was a complete smart ass when I responded. He caught the tone. He apologized. Reminded me he never said he was coming but did own that he should have at least touched base with me. Said he would like to see me. I told him he could come over that evening. It was actually another good evening. Learned a lot more about him and vice versa. Seriously. I am getting back on the sane train. Gonna stop trying to make it end before it even really begins. He.is.not.like.the.others. Rinse and repeat. He.is.not.like.the.others. Fast forward.....
1 week and 2 days post date: All is well. He is going out with some friends. No big deal. I have my own plans with my little one and my family. Still on the sane train. I think I can. I think I can. This is gonna be just fine. I like him. He likes me. All is well. Fast forward.....
1 week and 3 days post date (Labor Day): Damn the evil FB. Why oh why do I stalk FB. I saw something on his page that rubbed me the wrong way. I knew exactly where it was coming from. We had discussed it. But it still hit me wrong. Yep. You guessed it. I jumped off the sane train. I started texting. And texting. And texting. He handled it well but he is definitely getting sick of crazy Sabrina. I give him HUGE points because he came to my house last night. He likes me. He really likes me. But I have got to get hold of myself and stop being crazy. I am going to be the one that ruins this if I don't stop!!
1 week and 4 days post date (Today): I have got to let go of the past hurts. I have got to stop waiting for the ball to drop. I have got to stop assuming he is something that he has not shown himself to be. I have got to let.it.go. It is so much easier said than done. So as of this moment (5:00pm, September 7th) I am going to let go and enjoy. If I get hurt, at least I can say it wasn't my fault. I am going to think positively. I am going to stop being crazy. I am going to believe that he is who he says he is. I am going to be the cool girl that I am and I am going to clean up the mess I have made and not by creating another one....
He is on the road. He sent me a text. Even though I feel like it was not up to his standard texts, I am not making any assumptions. Frankly, he has every right to be a little gun shy with me right now. I told him to [smile and give me a call later if he wanted to]. It was breezy. Nothing crazy. I will not contact him again tonight. I will not assume he is blowing me off if he doesn't call me. I am going to give him a little space to remember the cool Sabrina. And I am going to be cool Sabrina. So long crazy train.....I hope.
6 years ago

proud of you. The easiest way for someone to like you is to LET them like you!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I am laughing about the sane train. ha ha
Ok. First of all, I had to read the updates instead of getting them in person - but thats ok - that was a long story and we haven't seen each other much this week.
ReplyDeleteSecond. Good. For. You. I think this sounds like a great plan! And if you want - anytime you think about texting him when you think you shouldn't you can always text me first and i will text you back and tell you how fun and awesome you are! :)