I struggle, every year, with making resolutions. I feel the pressure to make one or more than one because it is what we are "told" to do. You hear it everywhere! "What's your New Year's Resolution? Mine is to go to the gym every day or stop smoking or lose 20lbs or pay off credit cards or whatever...." All of those things are great and I am envious of those that stick with it. But ultimately, I make them and then can't keep them or be consistent and I end up feeling more guilty, than resolved to change. Yes, I am a perfectionist and a control freak. These things probably play into the guilt trip but I still feel the guilt. So, this year I think I am going to throw caution to the wind and make no real resolutions. I will leave it at this....I resolve to be kinder and gentler to myself. And to others.
I wish you luck if you choose to make a resolution. If you do and you share it with me, I will do anything I can to help you keep it. See you next year, loves!!
xoxoxo,
Sabs
6 years ago

I hear you on this! Resolutions are the hardest ever but i love this post! :)
ReplyDelete