Background

Copy & Paste This Code:

Friday, October 1, 2010

Hindsight is 20/20

This isn't about my hindsight, either...shocking. I know.

I haven't brought these stories out of "The Vault". I am guessing I will have to, eventually. In the meantime I will cliff note it like this. These particular dating disasters were not bad guys. Just a little crazy. Each in their own way. Both of them got under my skin. Both of them bailed on me because of their issues.

Well, apparently they have each had some sort of revelation. Both of them have texted me and informed me of the following:

  1. I am a great girl.
  2. I have a huge heart.
  3. I was not treated the way I should have been and they are very sorry.
  4. I will find someone who will treat me the way I deserve to be treated.
Seriously. Almost identical messages. Each had a slight twist that related to their particular douche baggery but overall, the same. It really pissed me off at first. I mean, really?!? You figure this out now?? What about when I was right there. Standing in front of you. Then I stepped back and took another look. And I have decided to look at it like this....

Neither were the person I am supposed to spend the rest of my life with. But their timing was perfect. I was feeling so blah about myself and the situation with K - it was nice to hear two guys, that at one time made me cry, say those things about me. It was like an affirmation from God. One that reassured me that, although I still have some work to do I am still a good person. A good catch. A girl that deserves to be treated the way I have always dreamed of.

So thanks T and D. But more importantly, thanks God. For your sweet little kisses. Perfect timing. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment