K and I finally talked. Apparently, I just needed to miss my exit and almost hit him while I was changing lanes. Who knew?! Seriously. That did happen. It prompted me to call him and he responded later that day. Cliff notes version of the conversation goes a little something like this....
We both have issues. We both owned our part and admitted that we could have done things differently. We both care about the other. Timing is just really bad. We are going to make an attempt at being friends while we each work on our respective stuff. Who knows if we can be friends, going backward is not always easy. We shall see. Regardless, I feel so much better about the situation. It doesn't erase the hurt but it does ease load when you can have an open, honest, real deal conversation.
Forgiveness is not earned, it is granted. Trust is not granted, it is earned. You can use that if you want. I stole it from my preacher. Hmmm, that doesn't sound so good....stealing from the preacher?!?! Haha. He's cool, no worries ;)
6 years ago

I like that quote! I might steal it from you!
ReplyDelete