I will be 33 years old next week and I have spent the majority of these 33 years, sleeping all by myself. Don't get me wrong, I have shared here and there. Even shared it for 3 years with a royal D.B. But all and all, it has been mine. All mine. I like the middle. I like to have the covers all to myself. I lay at an angle. I don't like to be hot. I sometimes break wind in my sleep or even while awake but just laying in bed. I have a favorite little pillow that is threadbare and older than sin. OK, maybe not older than sin but pretty dang old. It is a little gross and kinda crazy how much I love it.
Anywho.....I now have my "boo" and I am sharing my bed again a few nights a week. It is tough. Bless his heart, he can't sleep worth a durn when he's with me. I hate it, I really do but I have no idea how to break my habits. I mean, I'm asleep. I don't know what is really going on. The only reason I wouldn't be asleep is because I am trying not to break wind and get busted. I know I am pretty crass but I really don't want to be the girl that farts in front of her boyfriend. We can talk about it. We can joke about it. But actually letting one rip, now that is a different story. Which is what happened the night before last. Sabrina = tossing and turning and unbelievable belly cramps that would not cease which leads to him not sleepling because I can't be still. Needless to say, I have learned that eating FiberPlus Bars and broccoli the day before he spends the night is an absolute no, no! Then last night, I was back to my old habits of pushing him to the edge of the bed, stealing the covers and basically laying all over him which led to him not sleeping because he couldn't get comfortable or find more than an edge of cover to call his own.
How do I stop it?? I told him to wake me up and push me out of the way! But being the amazingly knid and awesome man that he is, he says he won't do it. He wants me to sleep good and he will have time to sleep when he is dead. I don't want him to go without sleep though. So really, how do I fix myself? Any tips on how to break selfish sleeping habits? I am open. Help a sistah out!!!
6 years ago

hahaha this post makes me laugh. I have no clue how you do it but maybe you just need a bigger bed. Also - I have my own blanket on top of the comforter that I use b/c Robby and I both like to hog the covers. and i dont like it when his farts escape from under the covers so i just sleep sort of on top! haha
ReplyDelete